Welcome to the Nisga’a Land Title Office
The Nisga’a Land Title Office is home to the only Torrens title system operated by an Indigenous Government. This is possible because of the Nisga’a Nation’s ownership of, and jurisdiction over, its lands.
The land title system is operated in accordance with the Nisga’a Land Title Act and other relevant Nisga’a statutes. Registered Nisga’a Land is not recorded in the BC Land Title Office or any other provincial or national registry.
This website helps applicants get the information they need to register transactions in the Nisga’a Land Title Office. Applicants are able to:
- Download forms and instructions for common transactions
- Submit draft forms for review in advance of submission
- Request title searches and copies of documents registered in the Nisga’a Land Title Office
- Calculate and arrange payment of land title fees
- Contact staff to seek information
Please note that documents for registration cannot be submitted through the website. Original documents, properly signed and witnessed, must be submitted directly to the Nisga’a Land Title Office for registration or filing.