Nisga’a Village Entitlements are granted by a Nisga’a Village.


To receive a grant of Nisga’a Village Entitlement, each transferee must be a Nisga’a citizen and must also have been a member of the Indian Band that preceded the Nisga’a Village Government of the respective Nisga’a Village.


The Nisga’a Land Title Office requires a copy of both a Nisga’a citizenship card and a status card for each transferee at the time of application.

A letter from the Enrolment Coordinator of the relevant Village government providing a status number and a declaration that the transferee was a member of the relevant Indian Band prior to May 11, 2000 is acceptable in lieu of a status card.


In order to have a grant of Nisga’a Village Entitlement registered in the Nisga’a Land Title Office the following is required:

  • A properly executed General Instrument – Part 1 (Form C)
  • A copy of the Nisga’a Village Government’s resolution/motion granting the Nisga’a Village Entitlement
  • The original grant document from the Nisga’a Village Government
  • A completed Declaration of Individual Transferee or Mortgagee of Nisga’a Village Entitlement (Form 15) one Form 15 is to be completed by each transferee (person(s) receiving the Nisga’a Village Entitlement)

The registration fee must be paid in full before the application will be processed. Please see the Fee Schedule page for current fees.

Download the Instruction Sheet for NLTA Form C.  Please contact our office for further assistance